I was looking in my freezer and noticed that I had a lot of chicken breasts. So I started looking for new recipes to try with chicken breasts. I found this one on Allrecipes. I have a lot of places I look at to find inspiration or new recipes. This one looked really good, so I decided to try, Parmesan Chicken Bake. I made a few small tweaks.
- 4 tbps olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (8oz) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (5oz) package seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish with olive oil, about 2 tbps
- Pound the chicken to an even thickness. Cut each breast in half
- Heat a skillet with 2 tbps olive oil
- Once heated add garlic and toast slightly. Then add chicken breast, 4 at a time.
- Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Brown on both sides, then place in casserole dish
- Cook the last 4 pieces in the same skillet. Season the same, then place in casserole dish
- After all chicken in browned. Pour marinara sauce over chicken breasts. I used a fresh made marinara sauce from my local grocery store, but you can use any kind you li
- Sprinkle basil, half of mozzarella and Parmesan over sauce
- Sprinkle croutons on top
- Then Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan on top of croutons
- Place in oven and cook for about 40 minutes to an hour. You want to ensure the chicken is cooked to at least 160 degrees
- Pull out of oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes, then serve
This definitely gave it a parmesan chicken taste without breading the chicken. I served it with a simple kale salad with poppyseed dressing. I enjoyed this meal and it was different. Now I have to think of some other recipes to use with all of the rest of the chicken breasts I have in the freezer. Until next time.