Chocolate Chip Cookies are my favorite. I would eat them everyday if I could. I can eat a whole batch all by myself. I try to only make them a couple of times a year, since I love them so much. I have the perfect recipe and you’ll be surprised at the mystery ingredient that makes them the best.
I started making cookies for christmas about 2 years ago. I had so much going on this christmas I almost didn’t make any cookies. This year I made sugar cookies to decorate, chocolate chip cookies, and fudge. Chocolate chip cookies is always on the list. I make those and try to pick two other types of cookies to try. This year I did a shortcut and bought a sugar cookie and fudge kit. However, I always make the chocolate chip cookies from scratch. I haven’t found any pre made or mix that compares.
The other thing I discovered about 2 years ago is making big batches of cookies and freezing them. In the past I would make a batch and make them into logs, freeze, and cut the portions off as I wanted to cook them. In the last few years I discovered a different way to freeze cookie dough. I cover two cookie sheet pans in foil. Then I portion out the cookies using a small ice cream scooper. I then place it in the freezer for about 2 hours. Once they are frozen really well, I then place them in a freezer ziploc bag. This way is much better, when you are ready to eat some cookies you can pull out however many you want, 1, 2, 3 or more.
Now lets get to the best chocolate cookie recipe you’ll ever need:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Oats (ground)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts (Pecans or Walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine Flour, Ground Oats, & Salt. You can grind the oats either in a food processor or blender. You want it to look like flour. Replacing some of the flour with oats, gives the cookies such great flavor.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs together. You can either use a hand mixer or stand mixer. You can also mix by hand, but its really tough to do, so I would recommend to at least use a hand mixer.
- Mix together flour and butter mixture. I pour all of the flour mix into the butter mix and mix together with the hand mixer.
- Once everything is mixed well, add chocolate chips and nuts. You should not use the hand mixer for this part and mix by hand.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper. I like to use the pre cut sheets. They are easy and great.
- Use a small ice cream scooper or spoon and drop the number of cookies you want to cook on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 mintues.
- Then its time to eat and enjoy!
You’ll want to make enough to freeze to eat later. You’ll be craving these cookies once you have them, and you’ll be happy that you have more for a later day.