Its after the holidays and its time to get back to regular foods. So I have been looking for something new to try. I’ve had this recipe for about a month and have been wanting to try it. This recipe is curtesy of Betty Crocker. My family gave it two thumps up. It was simple and delicious. I’m definately adding it to the dinner options list.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pie
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Bisquick mix
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prep a 9 inch casserole dish, spray with cooking spray. I like Pam.
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat for about 5-8 minutes until crisp. Drain on a paper towel, crumble, and set aside.
- In same skillet (with bacon grease still in skillet), cook onions till soft.
- Once onions are soft add ground beef.
- Season with pepper. Be careful, do not add salt since the bacon will add that flavoring.
- Brown beef, then drain. Add ketchup.
- Spread into casserole dish, then sprinkle with cheese and crumbled bacon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Bisquick, Milk, and Eggs together.
- Pour onto casserole.
- Bake 20 to 25 mintues or until knife inserts in center and comes out clean.
- Serve with additional ketchup if desired.
- Bacon: For the bacon, I used Burgers Smokehouse Thick Cut Peppered bacon. I discovered this brand about 10 years ago, and ever since then I’ve only eaten this bacon. It is super good. Once you try it, you’ll never eat another brand.
- Onions: I like my onions to be soft, so to ensure they are soft in a recipe I always cook them and soften them first. Otherwise you may end up with onions that aren’t soft enough.
- Cheese: The original recipe called for shredded cheddar cheese, but I used 4 Mexican Blend instead. It was super good. You should use whatever mix you like. I’ve mentioned in other posts that the brand I like is Sargento. I think its one of the best cheeses out there. Much better than Kraft.