Another one of my favorite meals is sausage and peppers. I had been craving this for awhile and finally decided to make it. This recipe is pretty simple.
- Italian Sausage
- Large Onion, sliced
- Green Bell Pepper, sliced
- Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
- Orange or Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- Fat Free Zia Sweet Italian Dressing
- 2 tbps vegetable oil
- Sausage Buns
- 1 to 2 days before you want to cook the sausage, slice up the onion and peppers. Place them into a ziploc bag with the fat free sweet italian dressing. Marinate for 1 to 2 days. 2 days is best.
- When you are ready to cook the sausage, pour the beer into a large pot. Use whatever beer you like. I used about 6 cans of Bud Light. I filled the rest of the pot with water.
- Boil the sausage in the beer until it is done.
- While the sausage is cooking, in a separate skillet add the vegetable oil and warm on a medium heat.
- Drain the dressing off of the onions and peppers.
- Add to the skillet and cook till they are soft.
- Optional, warm a griddle/grill pan. Take the sausage out of the pot and cook both sides on the griddle/grill pan. Just long enough to get some grill marks.
- Place in a sausage bun and top with the cooked peppers and onions. This is so good you don’t need any other condiments.
I served this with a side salad. It warms up great the next day as well.